A residential proxy server operates as an intermediary between the Internet and the Internet user’s IP address. So it differs from other proxies, in that it has an IP address that comes from a regular Internet Service Provider (ISP). This means that you get a reliable proxy server that is linked to a physical location. This helps you to get around Captchas and collect the data you need. But, given that other types of proxies are available, why opt for residential proxies? Here are several good reasons. An important one is, you can bypass annoying Captchas with residential proxies.
By using authentic residential IP addresses, residential proxies provide legitimacy. This enables you to basically fly under the radar and avoid getting flagged. And this is a great method for getting around Captchas. The more genuine you appear, the easier it will be to use the Internet without constantly worrying about Captchas.
Rotating IP addresses provide another great way of trying to imitate human behavior. This is essential when trying to prevent Captchas. Not only do you get the legitimacy of residential proxies, but with IP rotation you’ll also get human-like behavior. And as long as web servers perceive you to be a legitimate user, you are less likely to be flagged or to encounter Captchas.
Lots of websites now have geo-restricted content, and this can make your market research a lot harder. However, if you get yourself a good quality residential proxy, you’ll get access to a proxy network that covers plenty of locations across the globe. With entrée to this network, accessing whatever content you need becomes vastly easier, regardless of location. This, too, can help keep Captchas away. That’s especially important for large-scale web scraping projects: You need legitimate IP addresses that won’t get you blocked.
Residential proxies can also provide you with a lot of additional benefits that include:
- Social media: you can easily manage and monitor multiple social media accounts.
- Web testing: test and configure your website and apps to ensure optimal performance.
- Brand protection: safeguard your business’ digital assets from online threats.
- Sales intelligence: research your competitors to acquire data that can help you to optimize sales.
- Ad verification: you can use residential proxies to test your ads as well as to detect fraud ads anonymously.
- SEO: improve your ranking with search engines and optimize your digital presence.
Information in the wrong hands can be extremely damaging to both individuals and organizations. And every time you access the Internet without using a secure, reliable proxy server, you give out information that other Internet users can use to their advantage. Residential proxies offer excellent intermediary services that help you to maintain your anonymity and thus safeguard your data. They may just prove to be the invaluable tool your IT infrastructure needs to take your business to the next level.
ProxyMesh ISP-Residential Proxy
ProxyMesh has a proxy server that provides IP addresses from US residential and mobile Internet Service Providers. Here are some highlights:
- Runs in a datacenter to provide fast speeds & low latency
- Physically located in New York state
- 10 IP addresses at a time, rotating once per day
- Over 300 available IP addresses (for now)
Core Topic: How to Fool CAPTCHAS While Scraping