Using Rank Tracker with The Big-G Stealth Extractor
In this article, you’ll configure Rank Tracker for use with the Big-G Stealth Extractor. The Big-G Stealth Extractor works only with Google Domains, such as Google.com, Google.co.uk, Google.fr, or Google.com.au. The Big-G Stealth Extractor is not a proxy server. But, for ease of use, it is configurable via the Proxy Server settings in your software, found in virtually all software used for this purpose.
Rank Tracker, from SEO PowerSuite, researches keywords, monitors rankings, and analyzes competitors’ keyword ranks. This tool can help your decision making:
- Which keywords rank highest among competitors?
- Which keywords should you work to rank high in?
- How easy or difficult will that be?
In the following steps, you’ll configure Rank Tracker with the settings needed for optimum performance with TrustedProxies. Once you’ve installed Rank Tracker, you’ll have an icon for access on your desktop.
Configure Rank Tracker for the Big-G Stealth Extractor
- Open Rank Tracker and go to Preferences > Search safety settings > Proxy rotation.
- Check Enable proxy rotation.
- Click Add and enter IP address, port number.
- If using Basic Authentication, enter your Big-G username and password as found in your welcome email from TrustedProxies.
- Select the proxy server and click Check to confirm that Big-G server is identified as “Alive” by Rank Tracker.
Be sure to disable these settings:
- Look for new proxies when there are no alive proxies on the list
- Use direct connection if no proxies are available.
Rather than IPv4 addresses, TrustedProxies issues Self-Healing Proxy Servers (SHP). This means that if TrustedProxies detects, or users report, a problem that requires replacement of a server, the company can easily switch out the underlying server, while you keep the same hostname with no need to change anything in your software.
TrustedProxies will assign you an SHP name, hostname, and ports for HTTP and HTTPS. An SHP hostname address for Big-G servers looks like:
bigg-<two letter country code>-<4 character unique identifier>
two letter country codehelps you identify where a server is located (for example, US, UK, DE).
4 character unique identifieris an identifier for that specific server.
Go to Human Emulation under Search Safety Settings.
Tick Visit search engine’s homepage, which is a typical human behavior.
You have the option of checking or unchecking Enable Human Emulation Delays.
Human emulations reduce the risk of detection and banning by the remote site. If you check this feature, your automated search appears to be conducted as a human being would, with random intervals between actions. However, human emulation means ranking results take more time.
You can optionally set Enable delays after interrupted queries to 5 minutes only, rather than the commonly recommended 15 minutes.
Miscellaneous Global Settings
- Go to Misc. Global Settings.
- Set Number of simultaneous tasks to the maximum (i.e., 25).
Once all the settings have been adjusted, press OK to store the Preferences. Your Rank Tracker configuration is complete, and you can begin sending data requests. You may want to check the TrustedProxies Knowledge Base for add-ons to help you store query results.
Follow the link to part 4, TrustedProxies with Selenium or Scripting.